I tried to replace my stock airbox w/ an K&N cone filter (on a 95 S14) and now my
check engine light goes on. First I figured it was because i disconnected the sensors
which I thought would read airflow anyhow and still run fine. But when I started the
engine and the light went on, I replace the stock airbox back in (w/o the resonator) and
the damn check engine light is still on!!! Is there anyway I can manually turn off the
check engine light myself?
I got the 95 s14 w/ the stillen k&n kit,
- You need to leave all the sensors connected
- 2nd of all, the check engine light WILL NOT turn off until you reset the computer, to do
- Find the computer(Behind the plastic piece by the passenger foot
- Pull it out
- Turn your key to the on position
- You will see a flathead screw looking bolt on 1 side of the computer. Turn this fully
- Wait at least 2 seconds
- Turn it back to fully counterclockwise
- This will then show the trouble code - (The check engine light will blink to show this,
for instance, blink..blink..blink......blink..blink, will be 32)
- After you read the code, you can start the engine
- Turn the bolt back to the clockwise position for at least 2 seconds(While running)
- Turn it back to the counterclockwise position
- Now shut the car and then start it again, this should of removed the code.
Hope this helps...